Monday, December 16, 2013

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!

So I know you`re all wondering, no I did not get in any bike wrecks this week #christmasmiracle

So I don`t know if this is just me or what but I read everyone elses emails whether they are on a mission or at college or whatever they may be doing, and I just feel like I`m missing something. I`m enjoying my mission and I really like being on a mission, but I don`t know. Is it this hard for everyone? They sure don`t make it sound like it. I don`t know I feel like I just doubt myself and everything else way too much.

This week started off with us taking that cursed bicycle in to the shop in hopes that is was wrecked bad enough that I would never have to ride it again. The deal was if the bike repair cost more than ¥10000 then I could get a new bicycle, but no! I was ¥300 yen short so now I have to ride that same darn bike, but hopefully it`s problems are over.

Every saturday the ward has their sports activity which we go to for an hour and lately I`ve been getting hooked on Ping Pong I`m pretty sure. I never want to leave and even though I usually get destroyed by all of the Japanese who must be born with some kind of inherent table tennis skill gene, I still have a good time and it`s a great way to build relationship among the ward and investigators.

We finally found a new investigator! We found the Sakamoto Family who we taught briefly about eternal families and they loved it and after not having any new investigators since the first week of October I was very excited and so Elder Wilson and I went to celebrate by going to Esquerre, which is this burger place, one of the very few in Japan that actually knows how to make american food. Oh it was so good. Although it is funny to hear people order `Supaa Dainomaito Baagaa` Gotta Love Katakana...

Japanese Members love the missionaries, largely because they are almost all converts! And so they are all super helpful and incredibly nice, and I love it! I swear Japanese people are just the greatest, they are just so humble and respectful and nice and probably more `christian` than most christian people. But yes they are the greatest.

On Sunday we watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional (in English on a member`s iPad) and I LOVED Elder Nelson`s Talk. I am excited for Christmas and to be able to talk to you all but along with it being Christmas and all I have been battling homesickness more than usual. Also after church on sunday the ward did a caroling activity in which we went to the elderly homes nearby and sang them christmas songs and the primary kids made them christmas cards. When they say elderly in Japan they mean ELDERLY, these people were ancient! I thought they would fall apart if I were to touch any of them, one woman was so amazed that I spoke Japanese to her and wouldn`t let go of my hand when we went to shake their hands and wish them merry christmas, It was just a small thing that really meant a lot to me. On that same note I shared a thought in Elder`s Quorum the other day and one of the Members who is fluent in English after the lesson made a point to congratulate me on how he`s seen my Japanese become much better just since coming here. I know these aren`t big things, but they mean more to me than most big things do. So never forget the little things, share the kind thought, no good deed goes unwanted.
So as for Christmas, calling at about 5:00 your time works great. President Zinke says 1 hour which I think is awfully cruel. But I look forward to talking with you. Maybe I`ll even speak some Japanese. I look forward to talking with each of you and have some things in mind to talk about because I don`t have as long as I want to talk.

I don`t know how I would make it without all you back at home and all your love and support!
Merry Christmas!

Love,
Jonathan, Elder Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment